Monday, October 24, 2011

Destination Wedding: Success


Many of you remember Sarah Hitt. She was our amazing intern who got engaged about a year ago. She wrote a couple of posts (Guess Who Is Getting Married and The Beginning Details) about her wedding planning process. 

Well Sarah's wedding was earlier this month. On October 8, 2011, I was lucky enough to be asked to be the planner who helps Sarah and Slayden celebrate their first day of married lives. Here's what Sarah had to say about her wedding weekend. 
__________________________________________________________



Let me start by saying this: My wedding was perfect. And I can say without a doubt A Big To Do Event played a HUGE role in making that happen. Erica and her staff made sure not only all the plans were in place, but back-up plans and “just-in-cases” were ready too.

Having a destination wedding made me a bit nervous when dealing with island details and vendors. Having Erica there for the weekend made all the difference in the world.

I could write example after example of Erica’s detailed planning and execution of my event. Many people think they do not need a wedding planner because they can handle it themselves. There is a big difference between can and should. With Erica by my side (actually in the backdrop J) I did not have to worry about anything except savoring every minute of my special day. My family as well as guests have asked about Erica since my event and know she is a big reason the event went off without a hitch.

During big occasions the host already has a lot on their mind. Erica not only takes care of things so you don’t have to, she takes care of them without you knowing they were ever an issue. Erica allowed me to be fully present at my wedding without nagging logistics questions in my head. As valuable as Erica was to me, she was equally (if not more) valuable to my mom who otherwise would have been carrying the burden of logistics, tasks.

A wedding is arguably the most important event of your life. There is no one I would trust more than Erica with protection of this day.

Sincerely, 
Sarah (Hitt)  and Slayden Lee

P.S. With only a 30% chance of rain and fairly sunny skies we were optimistic when taking pictures. But what is a bridal party to do when it starts to rain on our parade? We didn’t even have time to think about what to do before up walks Erica with umbrellas color coordinated to match the wedding. As previously stated… A Big To Do thinks so you don’t have to! 








Stumble Tweet It! Facebook

0 comments:

Links We love

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio