Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Groom's Uniform: Not Necessarily Traditional


It’s nice to see variations on the standard tux-wearing groom.  You pretty much can’t go wrong with a tuxedo on your wedding day, guys, but it’s just so refreshing to see something simpler.  There are plenty of ways to keep the jacket off and still manage to look dapper.

I don’t know why, but there’s just something about a bunch of guys in vests that says fun to me.

Picture from Ruffled.

It’s a way to avoid a stifling tuxedo on the wedding day but also manage to keep it pretty classy.  Maybe it’s just because I’m a huge Patrick Jane fan, but this is my favorite look for groomsmen.

It’s also nice when the guys opt out of jackets and vests altogether and go for a simple button down (or cardigan) and bow tie or tie.  You’ve got to be able to pull it off, but it can look great if you can!  I think this look is lovely at a fall or summer wedding:

 Picture from 100 Layer Cake.

Maybe it’s just the Southerner in me, but I adore bow ties at weddings.  They’re sweet, quirky, and still fit with the formal attire motif.  The idea is spreading like crazy; there are tons and tons of bow tie options out there.  It’s easy to pick one that represents your personality!

Green Wedding Shoes had a marvelous post about bow ties.  My particular favorite is this one from Etsy shop xoelle.


Unsurprisingly, men tend to be the big complainers at weddings when it comes to shoe pains.  They’re just not used to the formal-shoe-induced pain that women deal with on the daily.  Some groomsmen, anticipating this, choose to spare themselves and go with something a little more whimsical.

 Picture from Penumbras.

I adore this idea, and it’s not just because I live in my Converse.  It's such a great way to bring some character into the wedding and keep it aesthetically pleasing at the same time!  I’d love to see this same idea with Toms or other matching bride-groom footwear.
Stumble Tweet It! Facebook

0 comments:

Links We love

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio